Paris , second half of 19th cent. the birthplace of modern art and uncontested capital of modern western culture: the culture of money. Edgar Degas, artist. one of the founders of the Impressionist Art movement. mostly famous for his depictions of ballet and the ballerinas. Degas’ art goes beyond masterfully painted images. the undercurrent of chilling realism and social criticism, makes Degas’ art eternally meaningful. Paris Opera House and its world famous ballet school had a dark secret: little girls , beginning age 6 were brought there by their mothers, maybe to have a legitimate career in dance, more often than not, in search of generous “protectors”. beginning age 6! in the paintings . behind froufrou tutus and graceful rehearsing figures , lurk shadowy figures in tall hats: they are the “abonnes” , the regular patrons , evaluating the merchandise.
- about Coy
- blog journal
- contact us
- veronese couture etc…
- veronesebellarte studio
- sculptures by L.chan
- Veronese Textiles Collection.
- BAUHAUS BOOT CAMP© by Veronese Studio
- fiber mobile sculptures
- Le Cordon Bleu sugar artistry
- Light-sculptures. Furniture. Biyo-bu
- paintings-monoprints by L.chan
- Surrealistic Furniture Collection
- THE BOREALIS COLLECTION © 2014 architectural glass
- VERONESE TEXTILES DESIGN STUDIO: PORTFOLIOS and SERVICES. REACTIVATED 2014